Notre Dame de Paris

Ben's review:



 I commend this troop on trying to attach a storyline to some of the troops talents. But for me this just didn't work. 

 Slow and well more slow, there seems to be a very niche audience for this that I am not part of. Let's focus on the positive ... that goat was born for the stage.

The girlfriend's review:



This piece is in the "Dance, physical theatre and circus" category but doesn't really meet that. There was a lot more talking than I expected and unfortunately their acting skills just weren't quite up to it.

The script is very slow and could have been cut down significantly. The story didn't fully flow and it was hard to understand why Quasimodo wanted to help Esmeralda and why Phobeus was no longer dead. Esmeralda was one of the weaker cast members looking uncomfortable when she was on stage, her dance moves were also not very elegant.

I was expecting fire and spectacle unfortunately I was bored, cold and wet. This troupe should have focused more on telling the story through movement and acrobatics.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Courtney Act: The Girl from Oz

Unmeetables

Showstopper! The Improvised Musical